Lorraine Houle, Founder
Lorraine Houle, our founder set the benchmark for compassionate, and caring service to our community. Her endless drive and determination to make life just a little bit easier for those in need, set the path to light our way towards the future. We honor her legacy by continuing to serve in a way that would make her proud.
If you would like to help us honor her legacy, and turn your career into more than a job, then Lorraine’s is the right place for you.
You will work with a dynamic team of caring members whose goals stay true to Lorraine’s vision for the soup kitchen.
Talk to us about your career goals today!
Reports to Executive Director
40 Hours; 10:00 am – 6:30 pm Monday through Friday including 30 min meal break
Individual Health Benefits Available!
Overview of responsibilities:
- Menu planning and meal prep/cooking
- Food storage/stocking/processing meals on wheels/setting up dining room
- Management of Volunteers (recruitment, scheduling and task delegation)
- Data Entry and Database management
- Organization and record keeping
- Keep track of all food inventory products expiration dates & rotating stock as needed
- Keep walk-in fridge and freezer clean, sorted, & stock rotated
- Client/donor relations
- Client services
- 2-4 year degree preferred
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office programs (Word and Excel) and have some knowledge of database programs
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Customer service or customer relationship experience
- Ability to perform at a high level in a fast-paced environment with strong time management ability
- Ability to lift heavy objects and use digital and mechanical scales to weigh food
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Experience delegating tasks to others
- Desire to participate in professional development and take on new responsibilities
- Current valid driver’s license (over 6 years licensed), ‘clean’ driving record, and access to a reliable vehicle